Our two-year-olds are the life of the center, full of energy and determined to keep us on our toes! Tyner UMC Preschool teachers guide the students through the following activities with our age-appropriate curriculum:
- Recognizing uppercase letters by sight & sound
- Learning colors
- Learning shapes
- Recognizing numbers 1-20 and counting to 20.
- Promoting coloring within the lines
- Completing art projects
- Attending music class once a week
- Encouraging game play
- Encouraging sharing
- Learning Bible stories
- Reading, reading, and more reading
During the school year, teachers also concentrate on working with parents on potty training their children. The two-year-olds also play daily either on the age-appropriate playground, the Kingdom Kids Center, or the Tyner UMC gymnasium. The student-teacher ratio is 1:6 or 2:12.