Filled with curiosity, one-year-olds are constantly using all their senses to soak in the world around them. In our one-year-old Tyner UMC Preschool class, our teachers guide our littlest students through numerous hands-on activities to learn the following through our age-appropriate curriculum:
- Learning colors
- Learning shapes
- Introducing uppercase letters by sight and sound
- Introducing numbers 1-10 and counting to 10 or higher
- Promoting art
- Learning animals and their sounds
- Learn textures
- Completing craft projects
- Learning songs to help learning experiences
- Encouraging game play
- Learning Bible Stories
- Encouraging sharing
- Reading, reading, and more reading
One-year-olds also will play daily either on their age-appropriate playground, the Kingdom Kids Center, or the Tyner UMC gymnasium. The one-year-old class has a student-teacher ratio of 1:4 or 2:8.
As a requirement, all one-year-olds must be walking to be enrolled.