The three-year-old program is often the first school experience for many children and us here at Tyner UMC Preschool strive to make it a fun and positive experience for them. The large classroom is equipped with fine and gross motor skills equipment. Children are introduced to group activities such as circle time, story time, and arts and crafts. Tyner UMC Preschool three-year-old teachers guide the students through the following activities with our age-appropriate curriculum.
- Recognize each upper and lowercase letters by sight and sound
- Trace upper and lowercase letters w/correct technique
- Recognize & write their first name correctly
- Learn colors
- Learn shapes
- Recognize numbers 1-20, count to 50
- Promote coloring in the lines
- Practice paper cutting skills
- Encourage game play
- Bible stories
- Reading, Reading, Reading
- Spanish class once a week
- Music class once a week
The three-year-olds also play daily either on the age appropriate playground, the Kingdom Kids Center or the Tyner UMC gymnasium. Every three-year-old student must be potty trained by the first full week of September. The student-teacher ratio is 2:8 with a class size of 16.