Filled with curiosity, one-year-olds are constantly using all their senses to soak in the world around them. Here in our one-year-old Tyner UMC class our teachers guide them through numerous hands-on activities to learn the following through our age- appropriate curriculum. As a requirement, all One-year-olds must be walking.
- Learn Colors
- Learn Shapes
- Introduce uppercase Letters by sight & sound
- Introduce numbers 1-10, count to 10 or higher
- Promote Art
- Learn Animals and their sounds
- Learn Textures
- Craft projects
- Learn songs to help learning experience
- Encourage game play
- Bible Stories
- Encourage Sharing
- Reading, Reading, Reading
They also will play daily either on their are-appropriate playground, the Kingdom Kids Center or the Tyner UMC gymnasium. The one-year-old class has a student-teacher ratio of 1:4. The class size is 8.